Tuesday, March 17, 2015

15 Months

Fifteen months and she's all grown up. :) She's not my baby anymore. She's a big girl that is learning to talk, climbs everywhere, eats with a fork and spoon (with assistance), and has an opinion on clothes, what she wants to do, etc. Very girly!

I absolutely love age 1! I really think it is my favorite. Her "tantrums" are miniscule. They only last about 15 seconds at the max, whereas age 3 last up to 30-45 minutes. Ah! I love that she is learning everything. She learns probably 1 new thing a day, whether it's a word, an action, something physical - like climbing - or just repeating something I do or say. It's so fun!

Alexis can say (in her own way that only Clint and I understand mostly), "thank you (day doo)", "please (ees)", dada, mom, Jonas (us), hi, I love you,  eye, moo, I did it, no (this is a big one, she says it all the time, especially when she is talking to herself) and other words I can't remember. Plus, she'll say anything else I ask her to repeat as long as she feels like it. It may not sound exactly like the word, but at least she gets the correct syllables in.

She weighs 19.84 lbs. She's only gained half a pound in the past 3 months, so the doctor said I need to track her calories and then he gave me a packet on how to add more calories without adding more food. She can eat a ton! She can eat 2 pieces of pizza and a breadstick. She's eaten a whole happy meal before, not that this happens often. But she does like fruit and veggies and those don't have a ton of calories. So my goal is to have her gain 1 pound by the next visit. She's in the 70% for height though. Remember how she used to be so incredibly chunky? Ha ha. Now she is in the 9% for weight. Go figure. :)

She's my little climber. One day I was showering and she was in my room. When I got out, I called her name and she was babbling, having fun, but wasn't coming to me when she normally does. I go into my room and she is on my bed so proud of herself. And then she had to show me how she did it. :) And she climbs on the couch as well. We went to the library one day and it has a kid area and she was climbing on the tables and letters. She loves to climb, so I have to watch her.




She loves her brother. She tries to hug him and cuddle with him, but he doesn't really like it all the time. :) They chase each other around and get along pretty well, considering that he used to be very rude to her and push her and take her toys away.

She has a bazillion teeth. I swear she has been constantly teething with no breaks since her first tooth came in. She has about 12 teeth with some of them not 100% poked through yet (the molars).

She's still not the best sleeper. She wakes up anywhere from 1-3 times a night. She just needs her binky put back in, or a drink, or just comfort knowing that I'm there and then goes right back to sleep. It kills me sometimes, but what do you do? She naps once a day around 2-2  1/2 hours. And goes to bed at 7. 

She is completely attached to her "B" things - Binky and blankets. The thin flannel ones. We bring both everywhere we go. I don't know how we're going to get rid of that binky. The blanket is fine, but the binky has to go soon, right? It's like she needs it because she is teething all the time!

She eats almost anything, including peanuts, apples with the skin, carrots, popcorn. She pushes everything to her teeth in the front and chews it. She plays games - we hide things and say "where did it go" and then we find it. It's usually behind her back, or she dropped it.

She can be sassy, adorable, crazy, goofy all at once. She's darling and I'm so happy she is part of our family.

And now for the picture overload for the past several months. :) Enjoy!


Playing peekaboo


Her "girly" excited face. So adorable!





This was in january

She is a daddy's girl through and through!



Her hair is long enough to put in a "ponytail" and pigtails.


Playing at McDonalds




She insisted on feeding herself.
 
She loves necklaces - mine specifically - so I made her one out of yarn and beads and she loves it!
 
Where did it go?


There it is! And yes, that is crayon on her face. Apparently it tastes good. Ha ha!


1 comment: