Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Jinxed Words

This is something I've been wanting to write about, well, ever since I had Alexis and she was the worst baby ever.

I don't know if any of you out there have experienced this, but I swear this happens to me ALL THE TIME!

I'm not a superstitious person, never have been, but this whole "jinxed words" thing I'm about to explain just might make me superstitious. Ha ha!

I'll throw in some random pictures from the past few weeks for fun :)

When Alexis was going through her colicky stage, and I would update you - the world - about her, I would write what was happening with her and if she was doing better, etc. For example I would say "Alexis is sleeping better," or "Alexis isn't crying as much at night", etc. Stuff like that. And 80-90% of the time I would JINX myself and my child would do the exact OPPOSITE of what I had written.  Starting the very next day.



I swear, it's like she knew what I was writing and thought "let's give mom some fun and see if we can switch things up". Like it was her little joke. Oh dear! I bet she was laughing in her crib at night after her little crying fits.



Although at times it was good because if I wrote something awful she was doing, then she would do the opposite and it would be a good thing. But it mainly happened when I'd write good things, and she started doing the opposite of good.

And the same thing would go for Jonas! It was crazy!

Well, it is still happening. I don't know if I should write these things or not, because they might stop and do the opposite, but I have to prove my point! And I'm also not superstitious. This is just how life is. :)

Jonas has started wiping his own bum. Literally after I wrote about him putting  up a fight about it, I told him he has to do it or he can't go to preschool. And now he's started doing it. Thank goodness!

And Alexis has become a picky eater and won't eat "anything" like I said before. And her "tantrums that only last 15 seconds max" have now started lasting upwards to 10 minutes. Kicking and screaming. And she gets so angry she'll bang her head against the ground. What in the world little Girl? Seriously though, the next day her tantrums were not lasting 15 seconds anymore like I had written.



Sheesh, maybe I should just write all the bad things they are doing and hope they'll do the opposite. Jonas keeps waking up at 6am every morning - maybe he'll stop now. Ha ha!



So I'm kind of joking when I'm writing all that, but seriously, I need to stop jinxing myself. :) I love my kids so much and their spunk and, ummm, their change of behavior is an exciting part of parenthood. :)

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Easter at my parent's house. The lastest pic we have as a family

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! But true!! I can't say I've experienced the "jinxed" thing with you kids, but I'm always careful what I say out load!! Hmm...maybe I have been jinxed a time or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way...I LOVE THE PICS!!

    ReplyDelete