Sunday, February 15, 2015

Whole 30 Catch up

I've been busy - actually I really haven't. I've just really been into Gilmore Girls lately. I love that show! I've seen it probably 5 times now. It's so funny and witty! So that's what I've been doing in my "spare" time.

So I'll just catch up on the whole30 stuff. Just assume that I have the same breakfasts/lunches. Eggs, salsa, chicken salad, etc.

Dinners:

One night I made Cilantro lime chicken lettuce wraps. It was really good! The kids were also being whiney, so I didn't take a picture, but it was tasty. However, I also made cauliflower rice. I'm pretty sure you've seen that on pinterest - maybe. Well don't make it! It was so awful! I think it might have ruined cauliflower for me for a while. I also wasted a whole head of cauliflower. So annoying!

This is called Sweet potato Hash:

This was so good! I used sweet potatoes, the rest of the butternut squash I didn't use for the soup, and it has peppers and beef. With an egg on top. It was seriously so good! We've been loving the sweet potatoes lately. They were on sale at Walmart for .75 a pound! Good deal. But this dish was seasoned with paprika cinnamon. 1/8 tsp each. I never would have put those two together, but it was so good! The recipe is in the "It Starts with Food" book. So yummy!

You basically get the idea of what whole30 is. I want to do one more post, the pros and cons of it, and then I want to stop. I'll still continue following whole30 as much as my finances will let me. But I will let you know how it goes when 30 days is officially up. I know I'm not doing it EXACTLY how it says, but you do what you can do. I'm still eating way healthier than I ever used to.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to try some of those recipes! This one looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete