Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 9

First off, can I just say thank you to everyone, Sabrina, Nova, Jessica, mom, dad, Natalie, for making encouraging comments and the help? It really helps me to stay motivated. Thank you!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with salsa over lettuce (I totally love this meal! I feel like I could eat it everyday. And I just might. Ha!)

Lunch: Chicken Salad

Dinner: Butternut Squash Soup


I made this last year sometime, but Clint said he wished there were chunks in it. So I added bacon, carrots and celery. However, the soup already has carrots, celery onions, I added peppers, in it. Very tasty!

Technically bacon isn't whole30 approved, unless you buy the certain whole30 bacon who knows where. Probably some whole food store. But this bacon was already in my freezer, and it's turkey bacon, so less fat and cholesterol. But I probably won't buy bacon anymore until the 30 days is up. Or at least I won't buy bacon as often as I used to.

Jonas and Alexis didn't like this soup. But we did. Can't win every meal with the kids. It was that way when I wasn't doing whole30 either. Jonas went to bed without dinner. He said he wasn't hungry the whole night, and Alexis ate a pb&J and banana.

Also - Clint basically has stopped with the whole30 stuff. He'll still eat a healthy lunch and dinner, but if he wants sugar, he eats it. He never really had a desire to do it in the first place. He was just doing it to support me, but he doesn't like being told what he can and can't eat. And that's fine. If you don't have a desire to do something, then it won't be done.

So he made no bake cookies this night. And I caved! I ate a few. And can I just tell you I won't be doing that again! My body hated it. My stomach hurt and I felt so gross. That feeling was enough to let me know that what I am doing is good. That this whole30 stuff is good. I really feel so much better eating healthy. So all in all, it was a good learning experience to show that I need to keep on going with the whole30 thing. All the time, not just for 30 days. I will make exceptions for SPECIAL occasions, but eating no bake cookies on a random night is not special. That's what I learned about that little endeavor.

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! This is so inspiring to me. I need to copy some of these recipies. I have gotten off track the past week because I've been sick along with the kids and just feel gross when I eat so crappy and don't drink water! You need to teach the ways of how you grocery shop so cheap. I spend 500 dollars a month! How I don't know?! This includes diapers, wipes, anything we buy at the grocery store but that is significantly more than you spend and we have the same size family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, I have a completely different column in my budget for diapers and wipes and toiletries. So I guess if I combined all those together, we spend almost $300. There are times when we go over that budget if chicken is on sale, then we buy in bulk, or if Smith's has a case lot sale, then we go over, or if I'm stocking up on toiletries because I have coupons. But I try really hard to stay within that, or else it's bad news. :) Ha ha! Maybe I'll do a post on it. :)

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the gross feeling after eating those cookies. Every now and then I pick up something loaded with sugar (like caramel popcorn because it's been almost a "staple" at the library lately) and after I eat it I feel yucky!! And then I ask myself, "Joyce, why did you eat that? You know how it make you feel!" It always tastes good in the mouth but afterwards I regret it!

    ReplyDelete