Friday, June 12, 2015

A Day in Our Life

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I just wasn't feeling the motivation. I love doing "A Day In Our Life" because it's so fun to see each year how my day changes.

To begin, we bought Clint a bike - an electric bike with a motor. So he has been biking to work every day (except Fridays because he's usually really sore by then and he usually comes home earlier so he wants to relax when he rides home). It's such a fun bike! He, and I wouldn't either, be able to ride to and from work (almost 20 miles round trip) if it weren't for it being electric. It assists you so you can ride faster (can go 20 mph on it's own with no pedaling) and it makes it feel as if you are not riding up hill. It's so nice!

That being said, I have a car at home now and it has completely changed how our day goes. I love it!

I was going to compile the images in a collage thing, but that takes forever. It's just easier to have them one by one, so this will be a long post. But enjoy it!

First, Jonas woke up a little before 6 today. For the past few weeks, he's been waking up between 5 and 6 am and it's killing me! Way too early. We're trying to fix that. That's another post for another day. But he wakes up, and he goes potty, and he KNOWS he's supposed to go back in his room and play quietly till everyone else wakes up around 6:45 or 7.

Once I'm awake, he can watch cartoons, and Alexis joins him. She woke up around 6:30 or so.


I push the smaller couch forward and I lay down my yoga mat and I exercise for about an hour while the kids watch and Alexis plays. 

Alexis was hungry about a couple minutes into my workout, so I stop and get her some toast. She's such a cheeseball. She knows that she should "smile" when the camera comes out. I love her cheesy smile.


I finish exercising, shower, and then I eat breakfast. That is usually when Jonas eats breakfast also, and Alexis joins us in eating something else. Today's breakfast? Eggs and toast.


When I have the car, and I'm not babysitting, I like to take the kids out somewhere. Today I wanted to go to the park. I notice if I get them outside, or we leave the house they act so much better for me the rest of the day. So I get them ready, dressed, etc. I made piggy tails for Alexis. I usually don't do her hair because she pulls the hair thing out by midday, but I did it today because I was doing pictures and I really wanted pictures of her in pig tails. Notice the binky. She's attached to it. Stinker. We wait outside while Jonas gets his shoes on. 


Today we go to the park. It's a little after 10 by the time we get to the park.





We were about to leave, but the truck for free lunch pulled up. I completely forgot that during the summer they have a free lunch for the kids. So we stay and wait for them to serve lunch to my cute kiddos. Jonas is silly. I love him!


The lunch for today is corn dogs, carrots and an apple. Jonas loves corn dogs and Alexis actually ate hers. I think they were both really hungry. It's around 11:30ish now. 

After lunch we get home, I lay Alexis down for a nap and Jonas picks "The Lorax" to watch while she naps. 

She's usually very tired after lunch so she falls asleep within 10 minutes. 

 During this time of quiet, I eat my lunch (turkey sandwich and apples). And I get things done, like I did dishes today and cleaned the kitchen.

About 20 minutes into the movie Jonas decides he doesn't want to watch that movie (seriously the first time this has ever happened) and he picks big Hero 6. This was completely perfect timing with him holding the movie right when it said "big Hero 6" in the background. It was awesome. Plus a natural smile from this cute boy.

So he watches his movie, and after I tidy up and do the dishes I take a nap on the couch while he watches. So nice! I haven't been getting good sleep since my kids wake up way too early and my body aches. I think I need a new pillow or something. So I nap a lot if I get the chance during this quiet time.

 Alexis wakes up around 2-2.5 hours later. Sometimes I have to wake her up myself or she would keep on sleeping. And then we play.
Where's Jonas? Ha ha



She was bugged in this picture for some reason. I can't remember why, but she's got such a sassy attitude sometimes.


 You know those pictures people take when they are at the beach with their feet and the scenery around them? Well, I did it too - mom style. Sweatpants, socks, and kids playing around me. Ha ha!


Well it's about 4ish now, so I need to start making dinner. I give them a popsicle so I can try to cook. It actually ends up being more work because I have to help Alexis push hers up. Oh well. 

So I turn on a little youtube to distract them. They love the Gigglebellies, and Alexis LOVES music videos. She can sit for a half hour and watch music videos sometimes. I've been introducing her to taylor swift. No judging, I like Taylor swift. She's cool!

Clint gets home, he's sweaty from his bike ride, so he cools down, showers and then we eat dinner. 

Enchiladas (which i haven't made in about 5 months) and lots of veggies. I still try to have vegetables take up half my plate. I try. I succeeded today. :) 

Clint waters the garden real quick while Jonas and Alexis chase each other in the backyard, and then we head out. The kids need new shoes. They both recently went through growth spurts and I need to pants. My others are too big. It's a good problem, right? 
 I love Ross. You find good stuff there.

 We go out and come back. I feel silly taking my camera out at a mall, but I did bring it. My hands were just full taking care of kids so I didn't take any pics when we were out. We come home, bathe the kids real quick. Separately because, you know, boy and girl. Jonas is getting too curious about body parts. 
Yes, she has her binky. She cried when I took it away. I pick my battles, and the binky is not one of them - yet.


Pajama time, we read "Scriptures." Which means we read a story out of the friend or we watch a mormon message. Actual scriptures don't quite hold their attention yet.  Sometimes we'll have Jonas repeat a verse.
 
And then they go to bed. I think it's around 8 tonight. We've been switching bedtimes up trying to get Jonas to sleep longer. He wakes up around 5-6 everyday no matter what time he goes to bed. Sometimes we put them to bed around 7, and in cases like tonight where we went out, it was 8.

Then Clint and I spend time together and watch TV or do whatever the heck we want. And that is why I like my kids going to bed early because I get some time with my husband. :)

That was our day. It was a good one. Trust me though, there are days where everyone is cranky, because of lack of sleep, or just tantrums or whatever. But today was good.




2 comments: