Monday, November 17, 2014

11 months

I guess I should post about Alexis being 11 months. :)

Let's just say this past month has been rough. She was NOT a good sleeper this past month. I will blame it on 3 things. 1) Daylight savings - I hate it. 2) She has cut 3 new teeth. THREE! She has a total of four now, and 3) she's been sick for a good 2 weeks. Just a runny nose and slightly congested. It doesn't seem to bother her so much during the day, but at night it's awful! She can't breathe, wakes up a lot. Not fun.
 

 But, she has become a good little walker. She's getting braver and braver with more confidence. She'll walk from one couch to the other, or one object to another. As long as there is a destination, she does great. She can't walk aimlessly around the house yet, but it's coming. She's getting more mobile when sitting. She can get to one knee and the other leg is bent with her foot on the ground and she has even "crawled/moved" that way once to get to something.



And I cannot wait to stop nursing her! I've already started weaning her. How do some people go longer than a year? I feel like I'm just doing it to get to the year mark. If I quit now, she would be completely fine. She loves water, and she loves to eat food. Not baby food, I stopped buying/making that a while ago. She won't eat it. But she loves to feed her self and eat anything/everything. She loves popsicles! Whenever Jonas has one, she HAS to have one. And whines until she gets one.

She's kind of a drama queen. She throws tantrums if she doesn't get her way. I'm talking about her body going limp, practically slamming her face against the floor and does this yell type of cry. It's funny because I can't believe she's already doing this, but at the same time, I can't believe she's already doing this!



And she LOVES this bear. In fact, anything soft and cuddly. She LOVES babies and dolls. It's funny because we don't have dolls or babies around our house. We have cars, swords, guns, balls, etc. Boy stuff. But when she saw this bear for the first time, she grabbed it, held it close, cuddled it and swayed her body right and left. So cute! And she kissed it. And now she sleeps with it. And whenever she sees dolls or barbies, she grabs them and holds on to them and cuddles them, or kisses them, or touches their eyes. She's totally a girl. Not because we 'Forced' it on to her, because she naturally likes that stuff.  Cute. I love her! And I can't believe it's almost been a year.

And the pic above, with the bear, I'm doing it for my Christmas mini session. It's so pretty, right? I love it. Gotta love Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment