Friday, February 6, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 3

I did Breakfast a little different today, and I liked it a lot better! I fried the eggs and put them on a bed of raw spinach. A lot more spinach, so there's probably more veggies than my other breakfasts, and I like raw spinach better, I decided. Or maybe I like fresh spinach better. I was using the frozen spinach before because it's cheaper and I figured it was getting cooked anyway, so it didn't matter if it was "mushy". That makes it sound awful, right? But this was tasty! Plus I really like grapefruit.




Lunch:  Lettuce wrapped egg salad. Instead of a bread sandwich. I love lettuce wrapped stuff. It was really good! Plus, I didn't feel like cooking some chicken, but we had some hard boiled eggs in the fridge. So viola! 

For dinner we had meatloaf, baked potatoes, carrots and salad. I forgot to take a picture because the kids were hungry because the meatloaf took longer to cook and it was a little crazy. Hence, me forgetting to take a pic.

The book says you can have white potatoes in your diet, just sparingly because they pack a lot of energy in a small amount. They also say if you're overweight, not very active, you don't need extra energy so don't rely on white potatoes for your dinner. So I only had a little. Probably 1/4 of a potato. But it did help to fill up and not use SO many vegetables. Again, I'm still a little concerned about the finances of doing the whole30. I love everything about it, it's just expensive.

So today was actually a little harder for me. I had a headache, I wanted sugar - not candy or baked good sugar, I wanted syrup sugar and jelly type sugar. And I felt like I didn't have much energy. The book even says that the first week you have headaches, lethargy and crankiness because your body can no longer rely on those sugars (like grains, legumes and actual sugar) to get your energy. Your body is trying to recalibrate to get energy from the fruit and vegetables and activating that glycogen hormone to pull energy from your fat reserve. Interesting. Alexis has also been sleeping horribly due to teething. She's really never been the best sleeper. Nothing close to Jonas. So I don't know if all of me feeling this way is due to my body recalibrating, or just bad sleeping.

Oh, and in case you're wondering what Clint is eating - he eats a hard boiled egg and a carrot and fruit for breakfast. Technically he should have more of everything, but he never used to eat breakfast, so the fact that he's even eating something is good enough for me. :) And for lunch he'll have leftovers from dinner (like today) or if we don't have leftovers, he has a salad with chicken on top. I just make sure we have grilled chicken in the fridge to quickly grab. And I also make sure that we always have diced peppers, shredded carrots and washed lettuce in containers in the fridge. It makes making a salad a lot easier.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing awesome! This sugar cravings are the worst! Your meals look so yummy...how is your energy level doing?

    ReplyDelete