Saturday, February 7, 2015

Whole 30 Day 4

For Breakfast today I actually wanted to eat the leftovers from dinner last night, Ha! I ate meatloaf, 1/4 potato and salad. Funny huh? I was actually craving that instead of the eggs I normally do. No pic, sorry. To be honest, I just didn't feel like taking  a pic. Plus, Alexis was being whiney. She has intense teething going on right now. Her molars and the teeth next to the front ones all at the same time. She just wanted me to hold her all morning. Made it hard to exercise. I actually sat on the exercise bike, with her on one leg and did that. She had fun going up and down and pushing the buttons on the bike. Jonas watched his cartoons.

For Lunch:

I cooked some chicken, shredded it, and put mayo in it. The mayo that is whole30 approved. I just make it myself. It was so good! I seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Lettuce wrapped chicken "sandwich". And grapefruit. I've been digging the grapefruit lately.

 And dinner:

Dinner was a lot easier today. I chopped up a ton of veggies (carrots, peppers and broccoli). They filled a big stirring bowl. I put clarified butter on it with minced garlic and then put the veggies in a 9x13 baking dish. The veggies practically filled the baking dish. Then I put chicken on top with clarified butter, salt, pepper, and onion powder. I wasn't really sure what seasonings to put on it, since I was just making it up as I went, so I did the basics. It was pretty good. We can't eat storebought BBQ sauce because it has sugar in it. They have a recipe for one in the book, and I don't have all the ingredients to make it, but I will be making it for next week because we'll probably have grilled chicken a lot. This amount actually filled me up, plus we had pineapple for "dessert" and all this kept me filled all night long.

Today I felt great. Alexis slept a little better, thank goodness, so I think that helped. But overall, if I get good sleep, this food is enough to keep me energized until the next meal. And exercising helps me to feel energized, too. I don't feel hungry in between meals, although I do have "cravings" in between meals, but I know the difference between being really hungry vs. craving "hungry". I felt better about whole30 today. I'm enjoying doing it.

3 comments:

  1. Great job Stephanie! I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is pork allowed in Whole30? Or do they recommend only lean meats? You are doing awesome! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you need for your sauce? I make my own a lot and have a lot of the ingredients you might need. It goes a long way. You can steal some of mine.

    ReplyDelete