Sunday, February 8, 2015

Whole 30 - Day 6

Breakfast: eggs/spinach

Lunch: Chicken salad

Dinner: Mashed potatoes, carrots and chicken.



I know they say to go sparingly on the white potatoes, but today was really hard for me. I didn't get good sleep (when will Alexis start sleeping better?) and therefore was tired and emotional. So I CRAVED everything. I wanted cheese, tortillas, jelly, maple syrup and pancakes, etc. etc. etc. Everything I couldn't have. For me, this dinner was comfort food. So I had more mashed potatoes than carrots. It was tasty, but I still stuck to the whole30 rules and didn't cave. I wanted to so badly! I wanted to make gravy, but I didn't because it has flour in it to thicken it. I even went to my nieces bday party and I didn't have cake or anything. Clint did. I think he's fed up with the whole30 diet, but I don't care. I'm doing this for me.

However, I think we can only do this for one more week and then we have to tone it down. I went shopping on Saturday for next week's meals, and I spent $80. And I know I'm going to run out of eggs and lettuce this next week, too. I can't afford to spend $80 a week on food (I was also getting food for Jonas & Alexis since they don't eat exactly like I have been). I don't know if I'm just not doing it right or what, but I think after this week we'll readjust. We're going to talk about it and see what we can do to eat/live healthier and still stick to some of these rules but without breaking bank. I'll write more about that later.

2 comments:

  1. Your doing awesome! I hate that it costs so much more to try and eat healthy. I just did the studio 5 10 pound challenge so I was buying tons of veggies and it adds up so fast! It does feel good to eat healthy though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you!! You have always had an amazing determination so keep it up! I love how healthy you are eating!

    ReplyDelete